SpaceCOTSTM is the result of a systematic and statistical evaluation process to characterize selected and manufacture-traceable COTS for “general” space (mostly LEO-MEO) application extracting carefully chosen procedures used in current Space Qualification Standards (e.g. ESA ESCC-Q-ST-60-13C for COTS). The adaptation of those standards is a compromise between cost and mission (typically 5-7 years) reliability (varied qualities) and raised for high quantities.
ASTRIONICS GmbH named such mass produced, test-passed COTS: SpaceCOTSTM and it is its brand.
- Availability of numerous and different parts and materials
- Best Quality/Cost Ratio and attractive prices
- Fast delivery
- Project specific and customer support
- Best pre-selected COTS
- Qualification tests based on ESA/MIL Standards
- Defined Radiation hardness levels
- Screening test by request
- Production of Hi-Rel parts based on COTS
- Complementary datasheet with space specifications
- No ITAR and no export limitations
High reliability of electronic components is fundamental for space missions and many other applications on Earth including:
- radioactive environs (power plants, nuclear medicine)
- research labs
- high altitude avionic
Some of them are already, in huge quantities available and without any restriction for 7 years LEO-MEO missions, e.g.